Monday, April 18, 2011

Before I Sleep

Day the Eighteenth:
Castles take years to build. Mine has been under construction approximately four years now. There is a sure fire way for me to catapulte myself into dreamland. I work on my house.

Some things have been super glued into fact. The library in my house is fashioned after the one in "Beauty and the Beast" only smaller and more intimate, but the same idea. The kitchen is an open floor plan. The Master shower is an entire tiled room , with about six shower heads. I could explane it all but I wont. I could also have it drawn up, but it's not finished in my mind yet. Things keep changing.

There are a couple things in flux. The colours that I use. Some days they are bold and strong, others they are in greys and creams and light blues. The fabrics follow the same trend as the colours. On the days the colours are strong and saturated the fabrics are heavier and textured. On the days the colours soothing, the fabrics become lighter, they flow with the breeze, they have movement.

And the size of the yard and garden changes. One thing that never changes about the garden is the wall. Made of stone. Stone is beautiful. It speaks of age and eternity. In my baby of a country we don't understand stone quite the way I would like. Or it wouldn't be so dang expensive. The garden is sometimes large and mostly lawn and other times it is a small herb garden, and on the wall are climbing roses. It just keeps going back and forth.

I have an AGA stove in my kitchen. In fact I have many expensive things in this home of mine, but none so expensive as kids. And they are always there. I try to steer clear of them and just think about colours and fabrics. And by the time I have decided that I should line the border with lavender, I have fallen asleep.

Blue Castles come in different styles. That is a peak at mine.

GERONIMO

1 comment:

  1. Blue Castles are the best kind, I think. They can always be exactly what you want them to be. I think mine's actually a cottage.

    ReplyDelete