Friday, May 27, 2011

It's thing Friday

Dear B. of K.

Thing one: I can feel myself turning into my mother. I don't mind, it's just weird. So we were shopping today, and in the check out line they had thank-you cards on sale, and two of the patterns could be masculine. Mum collects cards in a box so that when the occasion arises we have a card, but masculine thank-you cards are a little hard to find on sale. When I saw these cards I snatched them up with the statement that I had to start my own card box. I'm becoming my mum.

Thing two: Just when I think it is time to clean out my brain, someone, generally THE teacher of music gives  out more work. She must sense that I am regaining consciousness  or something. I have been singing this aria for a very short time when she tells me the interpretation could use work and could I please translate it word for word from the Italian. I, of course, say yes.

Thing three: I love book shopping. This might have been mentioned. But, in my journeys as a book shopper, I have developed a pattern. I ask if they have an obscure British author, they say no. Or sometimes not obscure, they still say no. Or they have the author, just not the books I am looking for. If someone ever says yes, I might scream, which would be inappropriate. It could happen though.

Thing four: Rhubarb crisp and ice cream is yummy.

Thing five: I am in the middle of a passionate love affair with cheese. I eat dairy approximately four weeks of every year. Cheese and ice cream. Yummy.

Thing six: The regular TV season is closing which means I have time to organize which TV shows I would like to watch and catch up on. This is going to be a blast. I like moving pictures.

Thing seven: Read a good book. Re-read a good book. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment