Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spiritual Directors

For a couple years I have had my eyes open for a spiritual director, but there are a few things standing in my way.

Namely, me.

Advice is usually offered in confession. I travel for confession so as to not go the the parish priest. And also we don't have a proper confessional. I need a screen. It is vital. But the point still stands. I don't want to face the the still very human person I just humbled myself before. (As a side not, I get the theology, my issue still exists.) But a spiritual director would have to know me, and know me well. It makes me squiggly inside. Something is in my way.

Namely, me. A very proud me.

I have notice that I get in the way of my growth quite often. I should stop. It's a bad habit.

GERONIMO

No comments:

Post a Comment