Monday, May 2, 2011

I fell out wih the news

Feels a little odd not to have a header telling me what day it is.

Big things have happened in the last three days. Two big things. Osama bin Laden was killed, and the Torys got a majority government. I was very close, about a year ago, to being a political junkie. I watched the news every night. I could tell you what was happening around the world, and then we fell out. The news and I. I got sick and tired of news casters yelling at each other. Hyperbole was extreme, every time someone said anything you could be excused for thinking the world was ending. And it could be about dogs going to the dentist, for Pete's sake. It was exhausting. I stopped watching.

If I happen to know anything now, it's coincidence. I knew there was an election because I had to go vote. And my father checked the news on his iphone this morning and told me about OBL. I'm in a news void, and I have to say, I kinda like it. I get to merrily go about my life without the overshadowing of the entire worlds issues hanging on my head.

And if the event is big enough I will eventually hear about it.

Geronimo

No comments:

Post a Comment