Sunday, March 13, 2011

Story telling

Some people are born story tellers. I was actually duped into three years of an activity I disliked because my friend tolled me great stories. That is a talent.

I do not posses that talent. On the whole, my communication skills are below-par. I can be funny, it just isn't intentional most of the time. But storytelling? Nu-huh. By the mid-story point has been reached I have either bored every one silly or lost them. The symptoms are always worse with funny stories. Probably has something to do with timing.

You know that wish list of things, that if God had asked you, you would have requested? To be a weaver of words is one of mine.

Anyway, Just thought I would share.

GERONIMO

4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't sell yourself short girly-girl. The more story you have, the more you have to write down. Your story is just starting; So glad I am one who will watch it unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you give us people some hope, PM. (Hey, did you realize your name was PM? That's cool... it's like you're the grand Prime Minister of Catholic homeschooling blogging.) I hear you and my dad and my music teacher tell great stories, and when I try to tell them myself, people never seem to understand how totally awesome the stories were originally. But maybe that's because you're so old and experienced! So I won't give up hope, because I'm going to be very old and experienced pretty soon now. Only a couple more years to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I feel very honoured that I was the source of of your displesure for 3 summers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Let me tell you something-in all honesty, you're one of my favourite story-tellers. The way you sort of bounce up and down and wave you're hands around to emphasize a point are marvelous and your voice and expression can tell the story even if the words are jumbly (which they usually aren't, anyway). I am so excited about seeing you in only a few weeks and hearing all your terrific stories collected up over the last three or four months!!!

    ReplyDelete