Friday, March 25, 2011

Singers

Have you ever watched a singer not sing for, oh say, a week?

Just to clarify, singers are not just people that sing. Everyone can sing. Singers are the ones that need to sing so that no one else kills them. Being a singer is as much in your DNA as being Catholic. You are changed for life. I am a Catholic singer. My DNA is altered irrevocably.

I digress.

These past two weeks have been spring break. No lessons. For any parents of singers, this is the time that you prepare to weather storms that have nothing to do with the events of your life. Without lessons, I try to practice more, but I was sick at the beginning, so the damage was done. And then I had an attack of the BAD FOODS. Tomatoes and cheese. I love both. I can't eat them often. There are repercussions. They are not disscussed much, but every time I am seen with either food item, my parents raise an eyebrow and say "should you be eating that?" So, that practice plan was shot to hell.

Bring on the temperamental storms! But I squished my inner DIVA and life is back on track.

God is good.

GERONIMO

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I bet that's what's wrong with me! I've kept on missing lessons recently!

    ReplyDelete