Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Anthony and I

He is the man you ask to petition on your behalf when you loose things. Unfortunately we talk quite often. Most of the stuff I loose is not my fault. Really. I loose things like earings, which St Anthony always kindly helps me find. But I don't just misplace my belongings. I'm moslty well organised. Which brings me to the piont.

I lost a book.

I don't loose books. I know were every one of my books is on the shelf. The relationship between my books and memory is very strong. I knew for a fact that I had not leant it out. Besides the piont that I keep written record of which books have gone where, no one but Rachel would want to read this book, and she owns a copy. So I was rightly puzzled. I said a little prayer every time I looked at my bookshelf. Mummy and Rachel were saying prayers. I thought this might be a lesson in deferred gratification. But, sheesh. This had been going on for Months!

I was wrong. It was a lesson on the 4th commandment. Today was a cleaning day. More than just passing over the normal stuff. You know the kind. The pile of socks stuffed into the corner of my bookshelf that had been begging to be dealt with, maneuvered me into a position to see behind my bedside table. This is not common. I try not to look to often. It's kinda scary.

Sixty seconds after asking mummy if she was still praying to St Anthony about that book, BAM! I know, I know cleanliness is next to Godliness. You will also loose less stuff. Lesson learned. Thanks St Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment