Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There has to be an attachment...

That can inserted into your brain to take dictations of all those pretty thoughts that happen in the middle of the night. I had an absolutely gorgeous and funny post all composed at 2:30 this morning. I lost it with the morning light. It was all about names, and if what we are named influences us at all. Currently drawing a blank on the aforementioned subject.

I was at work today thinking about New Year's resolutions, because I don't make any. And it's January. And I just started an electronic monitor of my life. So I am going to do resolutions of a sort. I am going to chose three things off my bucket list to try and do this year, plus a set of books I have been trying to read and haven't.

So here it goes.
Learn to Garden. More specifically, I want to be harvesting herbs that I grew to cook with this year.
Learn Calligraphy. Included in this, is a wish to improve my handwriting and relearn the art of letter writing. Because letters are cool.
Buy a Claymore. Because I have the perfect wall for it. And I want it. Badly. So...
Books for this Year;
Basically anything by Chesterton. I have to finish one of his books cover to cover by the end of this year.
And one unabridged Bronte. I don't care which one.
The four gospels. I need to do this.

Okay...

Thank goodness this is going to out of my journal and visible or I would promptly start ignoring it.

GERONIMO!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! Good resolutions! If you need ANY HELP AT ALL then you can just ask me! You probably won't, which is very sad, but these are such cool resolutions, that I would like to help if at all possible.
    And I really hope you succeed. (ESPECIALLY ON THE CLAYMORE!!!!!)

    My resolutions for this year are:
    --Go to bed on time. (I can do it! I can!)
    --Exercise more. (I can do this one too! Maybe...)
    --I need something specific too...I'm sure there's something... I'll get back to you on this one.

    Books:
    "In This House of Brede"
    "The Prince"
    More books of any sort than last year. (This works because I find that the amount of work I'm doing correlates with the amount of books I read actually. It's weird, but I think it's true. (Correlates as in the more work I'm doing, the more books I read--up to a certain point when I don't have time to eat hardly, then I'm not reading more obviously.))

    ReplyDelete