Thursday, January 13, 2011

I don' t understand puncuation.

 GERONIMO

I get the point, sure. No one wants all the sentences to run together. I just don't get it. I can never remember the names, so then I have to resort to describing what it looks like. Or its use. All in all, just embarrassing.

I was always the kid whose papers were sent back with all these red dots at the end of my sentences. I new were the breath was supposed to be taken. Why couldn't everyone else figure it out?

I was only thinking about this 'cause I did a broad sweep of what my blog looked like and came to the realization that I like ellipses. They follow my thought patterns nicely.

Huh.

"Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese - toasted mostly."

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I love ellipses! And I like the fact that I'm remembering the name for them.

    Where'd you get your quote?

    You seem to understand punctuation pretty darn well now. If you ever went of Facebook, you'd see people's statuses. They sometimes have quite imaginative punctuation use now.
    Maybe it's because you read so much. I think you naturally pick up a lot of stuff that you don't even realize from reading a lot. It's why they recommend it.

    ReplyDelete