Wednesday, June 27, 2012

At work? Really?

I thought about doing this in vlog form, but it isn't counting books for me.

So, I sent my folks off to Long & McQuade with a list, that year-is-ended-and-I need-new-books list, and then I went to work. Around 11 AM I got a phone call I was expecting.

 It was L & M saying, Umm... We don't have the exact book you are looking for? What are you after? So I say "C'est l'extase" by Debussy. L&M says ummm..? I ask if you can search books be songs, fortunaetly she says yes. And then asks me how the title is spelt. OK, I think, I can do this maybe, I mean, I have a year of French under my belt, I have maybe seen the title splet twice? and I am dyslexic, and phonetic speller. No biggy. So I sound out the closest thing that I can come up with. L&M asks "is that an exact spelling?" I don't know, I am at work, without my syllabus. So I ask her to look it up in the new syllabus, and would you believe it, but the reason she could not find it in the RCM Syllabus is becaus they decided to move those Debussy songs from ARCT to Grade 10. GRRRRR. Also, they have scratched "Come Scoglio". Sigh

I re-read Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. I have a wierd relationship with her. Not nearly as bad as Malissa Marr, but I broke that in half and never have to go back and read her book ever again.

RIG gives us the...
Fork
This is a medieval dining skewer. Is that close enough?
P.S. Yes, I bought the new syllabus.
P.P.S. Any spelling mistakes are on my head. Spell check appears to not be working.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT??? They're Gr. 10 now? ALL those Debussy? What about the song called "Green"? I was determined to sing that one, because I wrote an essay on it.
    Darn it.

    ReplyDelete