Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Have you won the lottery?

I haven't. But I never buy a ticket, so that might influence my chances a little.

The currency of money for random services rendered can sometimes lead to odd days. Today was one such day. I receive a paycheque so that I can write cheques to other people and then my money is gone and I receive that which I pay for, and then go back to render service for money, in order to repeat the process.

One of the problems with being in school is that I pay people money to teach me, so that I can earn more money, but since I haven't got the higher paying job yet, I am still not rich.

This is only on my mind because I got a Summer performance dress today and it wasn't cheap. I got what I paid for, and I can and will wear it for the next ten years, but I would much have rather bought books. Because I am like that.

Was this really tacky? I know I shouldn't talk money, politics or religion in public, but this isn't really public and I never once mentioned an amount. That is just wrong. So I didn't. Have I spoken yet about politics? I know I've talked religion and I just did money. My word, there is no hope of my ever learning social graces, is there?
Sigh. I did so hope to grow into a socially acceptable young lady.

I have no random image generator once again, so the picture is up to me.

Ascot Races, 1926

Pretty, no?
Quote: When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.  ~John Wesley

HAPPY MAY DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment