Sunday, February 6, 2011

Time

The flow of time happens in strange rhythms. Sometimes I blink and an entire month has gone. I lost it. I can't find it, but things happened. I can remember happenings. Just not well enough for me to grasp and understand them. And then other days happen in which time separates into sections. So that when I get into bed and think back over my day I am shocked to realize that all those events didn't equal many days, just one with many times captured and crammed into 24 hours. Time flows in mystical ways.

"Time is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice;
But for those who love,
Time is eternity."
Henry van Dyke

GERONIMO

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and the last one, but I'm too tired and miserable to make an exciting comment. But I thought I'd let you know that I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, I read a study once that said that the reason time seems to go faster and faster as we get older is that we stop having so many new experiences? When we're little everything is a new adventure so a month seems like a year. Now we just do the same thing all the time. Everything just blurs together. It's sad because there's only so much we can do about it .... I have a friend who actually was homeless for a month largely so he would have reasons to remember every single day, and I think that's taking it a bit too far, but I see his point. Grrrrrrrr, life.

    ReplyDelete