Thursday, February 10, 2011

Language

I have noticed a trend in my music choices lately. It is a prevailing trend throughout my life that I am only recently cottoning on to. It all comes down to the words.

I love the English language. The power of a beautifully constructed sentence is chilling. In the terms of what I find more powerful, I am a prose girl. Don't get me wrong, I like poetry. Just not quite the same way. Poetry is often just a little too lush and dense.

The sentences that catch me off guard enough to make me cry (ya, I cry over words) are sparse, bare and placed into space. It sits on the tongue waiting to said. To be rolled and tasted.

 (Something should be said here. It felt unfinished. Didn't it?)

Humph. I might love the English language, but my grasp of it is rudimentary. I have this ephemeral idea in my mind, and I am not sure the above post conveys what I was trying to say.

Oh well.

"I like to beholden to the great metropolitan English speech, the sea which receives tributaries from every region under heaven."

GERONIMO

No comments:

Post a Comment