Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The stuff that counts.

Do I talk about voice much on here? I don't, do I? Weird. It takes up most of my life.

Because I finished the repertoire part of my exam in June, all my music is fairly new. And by new I mean under a year and a half old. Stuff doesn't become perfect quickly. Anyway, this means that for the concert in three weeks I have been doing fun stuff. I get to sing a Christmas carol and I get to re-polish two old songs that are my favorites. It is incredibly gratifying to redo a song that has not been dusted off in eight? years. I have new skills and new emotions. The poetry is different and the same. Songs have power regardless of what grade the book says they are in.

I am also sick, so working on songs with easier range is always a plus, when the goal is not to stress to tighten my instrument.

I think next time I have to talk about the link between no singing and my inability to regulate my own emotions.

Wanna see what I have as my desktop? I knew you did.

Pretty, no?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, yes. Pretty, pretty, pretty. Think of the poor people in hot countries who never get to see something like this. Plus they have to live in the heat all the time! I feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete