Monday, August 6, 2012

I needed to talk?

Olympics, weather, books, struggles with the parish priest, work, meeting new family, new shoes, these are just a few of the things that have been occupying my mind recently.

I could if pressed speak on any of these. Badly, but I could. Much to my shame trying to translate that into writing is harder.

I have been watching the Olympics. One observation about becoming an adult is that there is less time to obsess about things that when I was younger I had the time to fixate on. It was always easier with the Summer Olympics too because I wasn't in school, I could if I wanted to spend almost all day watching sports. I knew the stats, I knew the events. Bursting full of useless info I was. Now, not so much.

Saturday and Sunday this week I was on the mainland and hot. It was hot at home I heard, but I didn't care that it was hot here, I just cared that it was hot were I was. I was nowhere near a body of water and it was almost 40 degrees. Blarg.
Just in case anyone is curious I function in Celsius. Yup, I measure in feet and inches and drive in kilometers and temperature in Celsius. I am a child of parent raised in imperial taught both American curriculum and am still staunchly Canadian.

I finished Insurgent -Veronica Roth
Still good. It did not hold the tension as well as, say, Hunger Games, but still good.

Jeepers. I hope you didn't read all this.
We will talk aobut my new shoes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment