Thursday, August 16, 2012

Enchanted

*Drum roll* Today's topic is once again books. Surprise!
I bought this book on a whim. RED was considering two books and could not make up her mind, I said pick one and I will get the other. So she did, and so did I. I had never heard of this book, never read a review, had no idea what it was about, and definitely had not read it first. So for flying blind I really liked it.

If you have ever read fairy tales, then some (or all) of the threads in here would be familiar. Which makes sense. In the acknowledgments it is stated that it started as a challenge to write all the fairy tales in one. It is clever and funny, and considering that you can see the ending happening in the first page builds some lovely tension.
Also, pretty cover.
Enchanted - Alethea Kontis

Maybe at some point I will talk about something, anything else. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Something else is good, but books are ALWAYS good. So don't worry about it TOO much.

    ReplyDelete