Sunday, September 16, 2012

Three for the price of one.

I need an official book counter. This one is about three books and on my label count it will be one.
First Shades of Milk and Honey - Mary Robinette Kowal
This is the Australian cover. I like it best.

and is sequal Glamour in Glass,

 and thirdly Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake which has one of the best titles I have heard in awhile.
Shades and Glamour are Jane Austen with magic. I enjoyed them greatly. But I was most appreciative of the language. The author made a dictionary of the words Austen used and flag checked her books by that, so the language is authentic and it never once jars you out of the land she has placed you in.

Anna was gruesome and funny and all I would ask from a ghost hunting story. I think along with re-tellings of the twelve dancing princesses I might have to collect ghost hunting stories.

I bought all three of these on my kindle. It was at the recommendation of RED and I am very glad that I liked and wanted to own all three. Since I did. Own them I mean.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment