Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big things, little endings.

I am sure that all childhoods can be summed up in a few defining things, but as I can only speak about mine, I will.

Mine can be summed thus;
  • Learning complications and being home schooled.
  • Really good books.
  • Gobs of outside playtime.
  • Friends for life.
  • Playmobil.

I lived 6" from good friend for 11 years. We collected playmobil, and because we played with it together, we kept it together. Today we had to sort it, because of moving and being grown ups and junk. 

The endings of iconic things are traumatic. Remembering hours we spent with little plastic pieces. The characters have names and we still know them. And we had to sort and divide. I had the distinct feeling of moving forward this afternoon. Sometimes growing older comes softly, but that wasn't today. But I didn't cry, so that went better than I was anticipating.

And to quote myself on aging "Either we get old or we die young.




THREE DAYS TILL DOCTOR WHO!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rory and Amy!!!!!

    I guess if I were to summarize my life, it might be:
    --Lots and lots of books and book lists
    --Lots of dancing. Lots of almost quitting dancing lessons.
    --Lots of being teased by Nicole.
    --Friends for life.

    Yours sound more pleasant than mine...maybe it's just because I'm grumpy because it's later than I intended right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - red pinafores
    - climbing trees
    - having Dad read
    - refusing to do what everyone else did (aka dance read certain books ect. actually I am still like that but it started during my childhood!)
    - Camp Bernard!!!

    ReplyDelete