Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Soap Box.

Allow me to get on my soap box. I don't often rise to this height, and very rarely about a book, if I am not directly talking to someone, and able to gauge their reaction.

But since convincing my mother to start this series,which was an uphill battle, I think I will rise and speak.
(BTW she doesn't like mythology.)
Please, if you have ever liked a book, any book, something written and then published, read this trilogy.

http://bookshelvesofdoom.blogs.com/bookshelves_of_doom/2006/02/my_letter_to_me.html

(If you have never read a librarians blog about books, now is the time. I just thought this would be a good link to start with.)

Dear Book of Knowledge,
I would never have loved con men or thieves to the degree that I do, without you, and your beautiful books, Megan Whalen Turner.
Thank you.
I fall deep into these snapshots of a different world, each shaped and written so well, that I can never go back and read just my favorite bits, I re-read from the front cover. All the time.
Really, thank-you.
Christina

I don't get on this box often, I find I am a little rusty.
Anyway, go READ.
NOW!

2 comments:

  1. I, RED herself, endorse this post. Not that anyone cares, but just in case: I COMMAND you people who ever might read this comment to read those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and also, just in case somebody DOES care, I kind of officially consider "The King of Attolia" to be the Best Book. Not of the series, but of the World. As in Planet Earth.

    (And now suddenly I'm freaked out that all those probably non-existent people who read my comments with such dedication will be disappointed when they actually read them, because I've been so superlative in my praise. So...pretend I said "Meh, it's pretty good." Then go read them. Then, once you're in love, you can come back and exclaim over the rightness of my comment.)

    ReplyDelete