Monday, July 25, 2011

Becoming Open

There are so many types of open and almost all are good. Open to grace, open to chances, open to people. Open is followed by honest. Honest, but kind, I think., because with open, comes vulnerability.

I am not open by choice. My mother has made a point to wear me down over time, but it was not a tendency I came to all by myself. This blog is an experiment in being more open.

So, lets play 5 random facts about me;
  1. I am a closet music fan. As a musician that sounds wierd, but I am a classical musician. Classical people can get snobby. I like music. I like lots of music. All the time I like music. 
  2. I plan phone calls well in advance. I practice what I have to say. I rehearse it over and over. Then I dial with shaky sweaty fingers and get the call over as fast as I can with as few umms as possible. It helps that I plan the call. I don't like making calls. I don't mind answering the phone.
  3. I prefer Adoration in the middle of the night. I like a quite world so I can cry with God alone. I cry in Adoration. Always. It's easier in private.
  4. I love history. It's a soap opera your permitted to study and memorise all the funky details of. I want to travel for the history of a place not its climate.
  5. My fingernails a currently bright blue.
GERONIMO

2 comments:

  1. You aren't the only one who hates to pick up a phone. I just inform folks: "I don't telephone people." At my age, 76, people expect peculiarities [character traits!], and they are accepted. Hope you get over it, because it is inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fingernails. I'm not sure that it's EXACTLY being more open though, because everybody can see them... but I suppose to tell the world in general on a blog is open enough.

    I was planning to be open in return and tell you 5 lovely facts about me, but I'm going to sum it all up in one big fact.
    1. I still can't get myself to bed early enough. It's wearing me out. I can't stand it. WHY CAN'T I JUST DO IT, EH?

    ReplyDelete